In a recent survey glucose testers were asked which flavor they preferred.
a. McDonald's orange
b. Coca-Cola cola
c. Alka Seltzer lemon -lime
We will come back to after this important message from our sponsors.
I went into the lab today to guzzle 50g of glucose. I was timed to make sure I drank it under 10 minutes. I switched bottles with the lab tech. They keep theirs refrigerated, I had forgotten to chill my lovely beverage. I find it easier to get past the syrupiness when it is cold. As I was chugging away this delectable nectar of glucose the lab tech told of a gal who drank hers ice-cold in 30sec. The tech was amazed the lady didn't have brain freeze. I am amazed she didn't puke and have to drink another bottle.
After drinking the glucose 6 different times (once having to repeat it twice) I must say that I prefer the lemon-lime flavor. They are all revolting and I wish they would say "here eat 2lbs. of chocolate (there would be a line of women volunteering to do the test) and come back in one hour." I am sure if under duress I could consume 2 lbs. in under 10 minutes.
2 comments:
Oh, my vote goes for the chocolate too - that glucose test is so nasty! I'm sure it wasn't a pregnant woman who came up with that test - surely she would have picked something better than that!
You are so right Dawn. It had to have been a man. I don't say that to bash men at all (seriously).
Post a Comment