This is a bit of silliness but I must speak my opinion. I have been determined this week to finish some much needed sewing and get it off my to-do list. I won't even begin to tell you how long I have procrastinated such projects (rather embarrassing).
A few years ago for Christmas I made jean quilts for my two oldest boys. Well Michael's was in sad need of repair. It was sooooo bad that there was only one thing to do. I took off the top, cut all the squared down and re-sewed the squares all back to together (adding more). When I first made these quilts I needed to purchase safety pins to fasten the back to the front.. I balked at the cost of them at Joann's and decided to go to the dollar store. Well it has taken 3 years to use up those awful, pathetic, weak, junky, poorly made, frustrating to use pins. As I was pinning together the top and bottom pieces together I was almost driven to the point of swearing. Lesson learned: don't scrimp on safety pins they are worth their cost in gold to have a pin that pokes through, doesn't bend, and takes less than a second to attach. Needless to say I threw them all away. GOOD RIDDANCE. Michael's quilt is now ready for some serious beatings. Samuel's is good for another go around. His just needed some mending and reinforcing of the seams. I am so glad to have the quilts off the list, out of sewing piles and onto the beds.
We've all been throught the ringer in bad colds. The kids all went through a bout of fifths disease. It just gave me a sinus infection. I am grateful to have all the green goo gone. Sarah was just a perpetual snot machine. It was amazing how much she produced for just a little girl. I know that is gross, so don't read this and eat at the same time. Now if only my right ear in unplug.
One other great piece of news is that we paid off our car, early as a matter of fact. The ironic thing is in 3 months we will have outgrown the seating of our car. Funny how life works.
1 comment:
Good job on the quilts! And I agree about the safety pins - if they don't work, for some reason it is just SO frustrating. That's the part that's supposed to be easy. Glad you're all feeling better.
Post a Comment