We needed an afternoon snack today. Something that could be filling enough without a lot of to-do. I had 3 very ripe bananas that I wanted to use and went looking for a different recipe. You know, break away from our traditional banana muffin recipe. I found this recipe in our Ward Cookbook and liked all the goodies that you add in, I also added chocolate chips, because in my house we can't eat a muffin without chocolate chips. These taste good, however, I can't wait to try one in the morning because I always think banana anything tastes better the next day. I would also probably add more Vanilla next time (The recipe called for 2 tsp. I put 3 tsp. here the muffins could also maybe use more salt too.).Banana Breakfast Muffins (the recipe title was Banana Crunch Muffin. I didn't think they were all the crunchy, and the granola makes me think Breakfast).
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt (maybe 3/4 tsp.)
2 cubes butter (1/2 lb.) melted and cooled
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3 tsp. vanilla
3 ripe bananas left whole
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup granola
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Bake 25-30 minutes. Mix dry ingredients; add melted butter and blend. Add eggs, milk, vanilla, whole bananas and mix. You should have bits of bananas in the batter. Add chopped walnuts, granola, flaked coconut, and chocolate chips. Makes about 2 to 2-1/2 dozen.
I also liked this recipe because I had some granola that was going stale, and mixed in and baked you cannot even tell. I suppose if you had some old hard granola bars you could mash them up and throw them in place of the cereal variety. We are having these muffins with milk and grapes, hows that for healthy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment