Thursday, September 1, 2011

the lazy dazy life of a cat....

So....Awhile back we acquired 1 cat, that we named Sophie. She is the queen cat! She kept all the other cats in line. That same day another family member brought 2 kittens. Brother and sister, the sister disappeared. Brother was christened P.C. Which is short for Prince Charming, Psycho Cat, Pussy Cat, Plump Cat, mainly the first two are what apply. Sophie and P.C. have turned out to be great mousers (we were having a major problem).

Today I discovered that P.C. had been let into the house and was seriously in a comatose state on my bed. Oh... the other name is Pampered Cat, because he has the LIFE! Usually though he is supposed to be outside.

Back to the beginnings.... we lost a little kitten. And I felt that there were not enough cats to go around. A friend of mine had some kittens that were almost old enough to be given away. I told my friend that I would take 1 maybe 2 cats. Surely 4 cats would be enough for our kids to play with. "Giveaway" day arrived and she showed up with 4 cats! 2 blacks and 2 calicos. We could now officially say HOLY CATS!! at our house.

Funny side note: We thought for the longest time that the blacks were girls. We named them Soot and Cinder because they were solid black. The 2 calicos we thought were boys. We named them Bandit (because "he" had a black mask around "his" nose, the other Bobby (an English policeman).

My younger brother (who gave us the original brother/sister duo) was losing cats at a very fast rate. So we gave them 2 from our brother/sister pack (One good turns deserves another). It was at this event we discovered that we had the gender of these cats mixed, (hopefully the cats won't be gender confused the rest of their lives.)
I am hoping to have found a home for the remaing two because we had an event this morning.



This kitten is the first of 3. They are so adorable and closeted away in my closet. I brought Sophie inside because of prowling Tom Cats that need to go the way of all the earth!


Here is our hard working Momma, I know you can't see the 3 kittens very well (due to the dimness of the closet), but trust me when I say they are soooo adorable. I realize it is silly for me to say that I just can't quit watching them. I've spent alot of time just sitting in my closet enjoying the newness of life.