Well this process was in my opinion a lot of work!!!! The carrots were either small or funky shaped. I had to rinse them (because I didn't think to brush of as much dirt as possible while at the garden), peel them, then chop them. The peeling was what drove me crazy. I did bottle potatoes this year but decided that the peel didn't bother me and the potatoes scrubbed really clean. But thought that on these carrots I should probably peel them.
Well after it was all said and done they do look so pretty. I processed 25 pints. I now have in my food storage all the makings for a really good veggie soup or stew.
I did ask my mom if she was going to jump on the band wagon and bottle the rest that were in the garden. She said that the thought hadn't occured to her or crossed her mind, but I was welcome to the rest. GREAT! Now my conscience will hound me. The rest of the row would definitely give me a years worth of carrots. And as you know I am just crazy enough to go and drive myself over the edge with carrots.
1 comment:
You go girl!!!
Post a Comment