Yesterday I picked up our Christmas tree, the great thing was that I got the tree for free. It is a nice looking tree. The kids were soooo excited when they came from school (they didn't know that I picked up a tree). They all came over and smelled the tree, played under the branches like it was their club house. It was neat to see their simple pleasures. We didn't decorate the tree because Steven had a group meeting with school. Hopefully tonight we can decorate the tree and I will post pictures later so that everyone can have a good laugh. It will be far from professional looking.
Today I have cub scout den meeting, for a treat I made some candy popcorn. I couldn't resist myself and made one small batch of caramel popcorn. Please pass the water and the floss. The recipe came from my sister it was simple and good. I will put it up in case anyone is interested in the recipe.
3 comments:
Yay for Christmas trees and happy children!
Welcome to the blogging world. I'm glad we can stay in contact this way too!
We put our tree up yesterday. I sent Nathan and the kids to get it. He bought one so big that we had to cut off the top, which was nicely shaped and made his sort of sad. "We need a bigger house," he said. I said, "Rule of thumb. Buy one as tall as you and the angel will still fit on top." Nate said, "Bah Humbug." So like him!
I just found my way over to your blog! How fun. We also have a tree and decorated it on Saturday. That is not something that I look forward to but the kids love so it is great to have it out of the way early every December. I did not know the rule about salads that you posted earlier. I will need to consider and see if I want to continue to break the rules or be a good girl! Can't wait to see you at Christmas. Paul and I discovered another fun game called Ticket to Ride that we could maybe get a group to play as well as the Farming Game! Good times.
Post a Comment