Saturday, December 13, 2008

Couch diving

One of darling young ones got a hold of my wallet and took the bank card. I've been looking for the card very seriously because I have only a few checks left and who has time to write a check while trying to keep track of at least 4 kids. So with Steven's help we tipped the couch over and what a smorsgasbord there was. It was also a serious treasure hunt for the strong of heart. I had to strapped Sarah in her seat so she would stay out and not eat all the old candy and such. And to think it has only been about 2 months since I cleaned under the couch.
Our couch has be tipped because it rests on the floor. Plus I've cut the lining off the bottom so that all the socks, legos, pennies etc. would fall through and be found again. We probably found about 7 missing trucks. It was Christmas all over again for the boys.

We still have not decorated our tree due to Steven's school schedule (finishing up the semester) and my being sick. We still don't know what caused the illness but I am just grateful to be able to drink and swallow without passing out. I told the Dr. it wasn't strep (strep is so old hat for me) and sure enough it wasn't. But, boy my glands we huge and my already fat neck was non-existent. I've spent the last 2 days digging out the house after spending 3 days in bed and children running wild. There is still a monumental mountain of laundry to be done.

Speaking of other illnessess, and I mean the 9 month kind I am ready to be done with ticklish coughs that make you waste perfectly good chocolate and wet your pants at the same time. It is just not fair. I think I tramatized one of my sons because I couldn't get to the bathroom in time. Thank heavens there was a bowl handy. My other son wanted to know why my pants were all wet. I sat in a puddle, I wish. I am 17 weeks and have an appt on Monday. I hope I won't get into to much trouble. I'd lost weight at my last appt. and it will be even more this time. Come on appetite I am ready to have a good time. You know I wish this would be the case after the baby is born and I am nursing. But nooooo my body just gets confused and decides that it needs to keep all the weight on. It makes me more cuddly I suppose.

One last thought.......
Our first real snow came and the kids are absolutely enthralled. They've been waiting sooo long for the snow and asking me when it will come. I believe that Samuel would stay out all day if I would let him. One of these days pictures will get posted of them playing in the snow and all their silliness, when I buy batteries for the camera. I would have taken pictures of the couch diving but no batteries and I didn't want to send anyone into therapy. This has been long enough, thanks for reading

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I know all about the treasure that can be found while couch diving! I am scared to look under ours and see what has accumulated in the last 6-8 weeks since last done.

I am glad that you are feeling better with the sore throat. How awful to get sick on top of morning sickness. I can empathize, truly.

FOX said...

Valine,
HI!!!!! I just saw your blog link on facebook!! YAY!!!

I am so sorry your sick, but your kids are sure cute! Are you pregnant now??

I have six kids.

I also use blogspot!!! http://fox-call.blogspot.com

So fun to see your family. I am so happy you are doing well.

Christina Fox

Dawn W said...

Congradulations on being pregnant! That's great news. :)

Your couch diving story was quite entertaining. It's always nice to know where to look for all the missing treasures in life. Time for us to clean ours again, but it's so scarey.

We got our first snow today - soggy shoes, wet gloves, runny noses, and a little snowman to go with it.

marcalicious said...

Hi Valine! Michelle informed me that you started a blog. Yippee!!! I need your snail mail address please! Could you email it to me @ marcisabin@hotmail.com Thanks much!!!